Rugby is looking for its next Operations Manager!
Are you a person who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment?
Do you enjoy motivating people to excel?
What kind of Operation’s Manager do we need?
- A person who is strategic, a planner, thrives on challenge, wants to drive new business development with intensity.
- Knowledgeable in distribution management, including sales and business development, as well as lumber and building materials.
- Motivational leader who can coach employees to reach their full potential and create a fun workplace.
- Strong aptitude for using the technology and tools available to direct and coordinate various activities of a Rugby Distribution Center.
Be part of a company that continues to demonstrate a commitment to excellence in our relationship with our customers, vendors and employees.
This Operations Manager is responsible for leading and directing warehouse and operations by maintaining product inventory, accuracy and timeliness of deliveries, product storage and warehouse housekeeping. The Operations Manager will effectively coach and develop team members to ensure that the functions of the warehouse and delivery process continuously operate safely and efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, identifying, dispatching and assuring quality of goods
- Manage department heads to ensure efficient warehouse and delivery operations.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employee’s performance
- Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy
- Communicate job expectations and coach employees; hire and transition as needed
- Provide training and day-to-day job direction for other branch warehouse persons and truck drivers
- Validating current inventory levels for accuracy conduct cycle counts as required and assist in taking inventory as required on a regular basis.
- Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices
- Ensuring warehouse staff and delivery driver’s work safely, attend safety meetings and follow all safety procedures and policies.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Job Requirements (Education & Experience):
- 2-4 years highly effective supervisory skills and technique
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
- Knowledge of warehouse software packages and MS Office
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyze data
- Good oral communication, employee relations and customer service skills
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift heavy awkward products repeatedly to store, removes from storage for fabrication, or load onto a truck up to 75 to 100 pounds with a helper.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of frequency and intensity in other physical activities such as reaching, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling and crouching.
- Must have good visual acuity, depth perception, color vision, and peripheral vision.
- The candidate will be required to work both inside and outside in extremes of cold, heat and humidity, depending on the season and location.
- The candidate will be exposed to modest amounts of dust, fumes, noise and vibrations
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive Medical – Dental – Vision
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Traditional & Roth
- Paid Time Off
- Great TEAM environment