Rugby is looking for its next Outside Sales Representative!
Are you a person who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment? Are you a person who is passionate about demonstrating excellent customer satisfaction?
What kind of Outside Sales Representative do we need?
- A person who is strategic, a planner, thrives on challenge, wants to drive new business development with intensity.
- Knowledgeable in sales and business development as well as knowledgeable in lumber products and building materials
- Passionate and experienced individual to provide outstanding customer service to new and existing customers by phone or in person
- Energetic individual who actively manages ongoing customer communications.
Be part of a company that continues to demonstrate a commitment to excellence in our relationship with our customers, vendors and employees.
This position reports to the Branch Manager and is responsible for growing the business. The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for managing accounts, sales growth, while providing superb customer service to meet business needs as demanded.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
Assessment and evaluation of accounts in sales territory:
- Sales/Gross Margin growth – Ensure growth in these areas by evaluating past and current sales trends through on-site visits and sales report review.
- Product needs – Communicate changing needs of the customer base with the branch to better ensure that we keep the optimum product mix on-hand.
- Service needs – Reconcile the needs of the customer with the abilities of the branch to better ensure customer satisfaction.
Product sales to customers:
- Sales/Growth Margin growth – Ensure growth in these areas by increasing what is sold to current accounts and opening new accounts.
- Sample/Literature update and distribution – Maintain customers’ samples and literature library. Introduce new product offerings and ensure that old (dropped) products are no longer displayed.
- Coordination of efforts between inside and outside sales staff – Keep the inside sales staff aware of your daily plans to better ensure a coordinated sales effort.
- Manufacturer Rep. travel – Accompany our vendors’ sales representatives as needed, calling on appropriate customer accounts in an effort to satisfy vendor concerns.
Job Requirements (Education & Experience):
- A minimum of 1-2 years Sales experience
- 20/20 Design helpful but not required
- Kitchen cabinet sales helpful but not required.
- Knowledge of plywood and lumber helpful but not required.
- Travel as needed for a localized territory.
- Working experience with direct customer contact/customer service
- Computer skills are needed to meet requirements of the position.
- Knowledge of Agility Software a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly organized & motivated
- The candidate should excel in closing skills.
- Strong communication skills and math skills
- Detail and goal oriented
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Be able to use hands to operate a computer or other keyboard instrument.
- Movement from sitting to standing and walking a variety of distances frequently throughout the day
- Be able to lift and carry products from 5-20 lbs. weight to demonstrate features and functions to the customer.
- The functions of this position will require daily sales calls in cabinet shops that have no climate control. The candidate will have to go into warehouses which will expose the candidate to modest amounts of heat, dust, fumes and noise.
What’s in it for you:
- No nights or weekends – Monday thru Friday
- Competitive Medical – Dental – Vision – Short Term and Long-Term Disability – Life Insurance
- 401(k) Traditional & Roth
- Paid Time Off
- Great TEAM environment