Rugby is looking for its next Architectural Sales Representative!
Are you a person who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment? Are you a person who is passionate about demonstrating excellent customer satisfaction?
What kind of Architectural Sales Rep do we need?
- A person who is strategic, a planner, thrives on challenge, wants to drive new business development with intensity.
- Knowledgeable in sales and business development, as well as wood products and building materials.
- Passionate and experienced individual to provide outstanding customer service to new and existing customers by phone or in person
- Energetic individual who actively manages ongoing customer communications and coordinating logistics in various accounts
Be part of a company that continues to demonstrate a commitment to excellence in our relationship with our customers, vendors and employees.
An Architectural Specifications/Sales Representative is responsible for the overall sales function and the architectural specification of multiple product lines within our architectural interior building products mix. Identify and secure product specifications with architects, designers and specifiers for represented product lines. This will include creating specifications, generating new business, identifying leads, and developing relationships with architectural firms, contractors and customers. Architectural Sales Representatives are responsible for increasing company revenue by increasing brand awareness of specific architectural product lines within a specified territory.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Keep up-to- date records of contacts made and relationships in development, leads received and track progress of yearly plan.
- Identify and secure product specifications with architects, designers and specifiers for represented product lines. Service architectural firms with samples, technical data, product information and assistance with the goal of obtaining project specifications.
- Promote products by calling on architectural design firms, kitchen & bath designers, contractors and customers by making promotional sales calls and participating in trade shows. Responsible for maintaining sampling and literature needed to market the product lines and the ordering of the sampling items.
- Develop implement plans to grow specifications, sales and customer base by working with branch sales representatives to identify and support key contractors involved with specified projects to secure product specifications and close the sale.
- Work closely with customers and specifiers to develop sales and specifications
- Analyze market trends and develop action plans to capitalize on shifts in market
- Drive new product lines or new product introductions into the marketplace
- Resolve problems related to supply and delivery
- Participate and network in Architectural and Specification Associations via traditional periodic meetings and proactively sponsor continuing education credits for the architectural community
Job Requirements (Education & Experience):
- Knowledge of solid surface products and/or represented products
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication, organizational, listening and interpreting skills.
- Good follow-up skills
- Self-motivated, initiative to learn quickly about new products
- Prompt & Professional
- Ability to analyze market trends
- Experience with sales and good customer service skills
- Ability to eventually manage product line including purchasing, pricing and inventory management.
- Actively engage in Rugby Nation
- A minimum of three years experience within the building materials industry
- Must be familiar with architectural specifications, construction design elements and documents.
- Experience at making calls and setting appointments with architecture and design firms, cold calling when needed and calling on contractors to secure or follow up on specifications.
- Able to present confidently to large or small groups.
- Current driver’s license and good driving record
- 40 - 50% travel Required
Essential Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, reaching with hands and arms.
- Daily lifting up to 25 pounds (sample kits)
- Able to travel with in assigned territory
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive Medical – Dental – Vision
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Traditional & Roth
- Paid Time Off
- Great TEAM environment